Thursday, January 24, 2013

Personal Responsibility for Your Own Wellness

Only you control what you eat and how often you exercise.  When I was working on my wellness last year, I  used a personal mantra "Only I can control it."  I realized that there were some things I could not control in life but one thing I could control was every morsel that I put in my mouth and the frequency with which I laced up my running shoes and hit the street or did my crunches or pumped iron.

I was reminded of this importance of personal responsibility for one's own wellness when reading an article yesterday in the Richmond Times-Dispatch in Cindy Creasy's All You Can Eat column.  Cindy attended  a presentation that my friend Kim Williams and I gave to a small networking group of women this past Saturday.  The topics were taking steps toward vegetarianism and the benefits of following a vegetarian diet.  The article appropriately ended with a great quote from Kim:

        "I feel like it's really empowering.  Just by changing your diet, you can make a change in your health."

How true!  Remember, You Can Control It and ONLY You Can Control It.  Take the first step today.  You will feel empowered and will be making a positive change in your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment