Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tame your sugar cravings

Trust me, I say the following from personal experience - limiting sugar intake may not be easy but it is critical.  It is my major WEAKNESS when it comes to diet/nutrition and I need to practice what I preach.  It is very important, if you have a sweet tooth, to tame your sugar cravings.  Fructose consumption should be kept down to between 15 to 25 grams a day.  I just read a great tip by Dr. Mercola which is that - the single most important physical step that the average American can take to improve your health would be to switch all your beverages to pure water.  Soda is loaded with sugar and switching to water will eliminate alot of your sugar intake.  Some other ways to reduce sugar are to

1.  Use stevia
2.  Use organic cane sugar
3.  Use organic raw honey
4.  AVOID all artificial sweeteners - they damage your health
5.  AVOID agave syrup

Remember that basically FRUCTOSE is converted into FAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment