I have outlined alot of what it means to me in the e-book that I co-wrote with Kim Williams called It's Not Rocket Science: 52 Resolutions - a book available at our website (http://www.fiftytworesolutions.com) - focusing on healthy resolutions (including 13 specifically on diet/nutrition and others in chapters on wellness and reversing aging and even some in the fitness chapters that focus on the importance of good nutrition.) "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day" to me means practicing what I preach and following the principles outlined in It's Not Rocket Science: 52 Resolutions.
Some specific principles of "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day" that I try to subscribe to and that I believe in are:
- Follow at least a vegetarian and better yet, a vegan style vegetarian diet - avoiding all animal products
- Keep your diet low-fat (total fat should between 20% and 35% of total daily calories, saturated fat should be 10% or lower of your total daily calories)
- Keep your diet low in sugar intake (under 15 grams/daily)
- Keep your diet low in sodium intake (less than 1500 mg/daily)
- Get the following fluid intake a day - 91 to 95 ounces a day (women) and 125 to 135 ounces a day (men). 80% of fluid intake comes from drinking water and other fluids, 20% from food. That being the case - that means women should get about 73 to 76 ounces of their total water intake from fluids each day and men 100 to 108 ounces.
- Snack on things like fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds
Use National Nutrition Month to jump start your adoption of healthy (or healthier) eating habits.
Post a Comment